The Joint Committee of Orthodox and Catholic Bishops
The Joint Committee was established in 1981 by the Standing Conference of Canonical Orthodox Bishops in America, now the Assembly of Canonical Orthodox Bishops of the United States, and by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
Orthodox Co-Chairman: Metropolitan Methodios
Catholic Co-Chairman: Cardinal Sean O’Malley, OFMCap
Reports and Statements:
- Mission of the Joint Committee of Orthodox and Catholic Bishops (May 22-24, 2016)
- Message on Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church (May 22-24, 2016)
- Message on Middle East Humanitarian Crisis (May 22-24, 2016)
- Statement on the Catholic-Orthodox Dialogue at the Dawn of a New Millennium" (October 4, 2000)
- "Communique on Eastern Europe"(October 2, 1992)
- "A Pastoral Statement on Orthodox/Roman Catholic Marriages" (October 5, 1990)
- "Statement of Support for the Historical Christianity in Eastern Europe and Former Soviet Union" (September 19, 1991).
- "Ordination" (October 1, 1988)