Fast Questions and Fast Answers about American Orthodox Bishops
Tuesday, September 25, 2018
"Fast Questions and Fast Answers about American Orthodox Bishops" is the first essay in a new series called "Fast Questions and Fast Answers…," a group of mini-reports to be published in the next few months. Based on questions that American Orthodox hierarchs often receive from clergy and parishioners, this essay offers readers plenty of interesting facts about their lives as Bishops, as well as who they are as people. Here are a few examples of the questions that are answered in this mini-report:
- What are our Bishops’ personal hobbies, talents and interests?
- Prior to becoming a clergyman, have any of the American Orthodox hierarchs worked in some "secular" – not church-related – job positions?
- Is being a Bishop a difficult "job?" What are the challenges that American Orthodox hierarchs face?
Read this story and if you have any follow up questions, feel free to ask.
And get ready for the upcoming mini-reports, such as "Fast Questions and Fast Answers:
- …about the Geography of Orthodoxy in America"
- …about Church Attendance in American Orthodox Christian Parishes"
- …about Young Adult Parishioners"
- …about Orthodox Students in American Colleges and Universities"